Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome!

I've been envious of the "I'm going to do something for a year and write about it" trend, so I decided to do one of my own. Since I'm not really interested in anything that might involve discomfort or inconvenience, my Blog Year Project is that I'm going to blog about every book I read all year.

I read mostly mysteries, science fiction, and nonfiction--history, current events, animals, science, crime, etc. I don't read a lot of high-literary stuff, although I do have a few non-genre novels on my TBR pile. Don't expect a straight review of every book--all I'm committing to is to write something that responds in some way to each book I read--so that could be a review, a plot summary, a meandering mess of nothing vaguely inspired by some tangential detail from the book, an interpretive dance, etc.

Exciting, huh? Stay tuned!

3 comments: